Dark & Smoky - Shrimp Scampi
- Toss peeled shrimp with salt & baking soda in a large bowl. Let rest for at least 10 minutes, or refrigerate uncovered for up to an hour.
- Heat 3 T. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp in single-layer batches, turning each over when the bottom is opaque, then transferring to a plate.
- Reduce heat to low and add remaining olive oil, pepper flakes, and garlic. Cook until garlic is light golden, about a minute.
- Add white wine and cook, scraping any browned bits off the bottom, until wine is reduced by about half.
- Add butter and swirl to melt. Add lemon juice & salt and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly so the sauce is smooth.
- Return shrimp to the skillet with fresh parsley. Toss to coat in sauce, then remove from heat once shrimp are warmed through.
- Serve hot with a crusty baguette or over pasta.
1 lb. large shrimp peeled
1 t. baking soda
4 T. olive oil
1 T. Dark & Smoky Pepper Flakes
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 T. butter
1/2 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. kosher salt
2 T. fresh parsley minced